Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oregonwoodsmoke

Privacy on Forums

oregonwoodsmoke
13 years ago

I'd like to join that Homesteading Today forum, but they don't have any privacy policy posted.

Surely some of you here are also posting there. After you joined, did you start getting spam or lots of notices from them? Did they sell your address?

Comments (3)

• brendasue
    13 years ago

It is a good forum. I've not noticed any increase in spam.

However you will find that that there are "clicks" and occasionally posters can be nasty-moreso on some forums than others.
    I find that anything beyond the "click"'s mentality is generally considered outcasted. I also found that there are many experienced posters there with exceptional advice. One must learn to take all advice with a grain of salt and do their own research as to what is best for their circumstances. This is true for all forums.

Brendasue

• oregonwoodsmoke
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Brendasue.

Unfortunately, every forum seems to have a couple of people playing dog in the manger. There are always a few folks that take offense at nothing at all.

I try to make myself not respond to them and they soon give up.

I really love the people on garden web and all the good advice, but I swear that, strictly from a mechanical standpoint, garden web has got to be one of the worst forums on the web to try to use. It barely functions and is in serious need of some tender loving care.

Not that I would leave, because the people are so good.

• velvet_sparrow
    13 years ago

If keeping your email addy private is an issue, get a 'throw away' email for things like that for free from gmail or someplace similar.

Velvet ~:>

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County