Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black gold no longer oil. Now eggs!!

Posted by thinknpink (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 7, 08 at 23:16

Oil prices dropping fast, But Black Copper Marrans eggs are out of this world. Has anyone seen the auctions for Black copper's on Ebay ?? Is this just a fad?? Should we buy stock in them (LOL). 6 eggs for over $100.00 is this a better egg because they are so dark??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black gold no longer oil. Now eggs!!

holy eggmania - anybody want to go in halfsies? LOL

o

You can get them from Sandhill - but they are $4/25 per order must be pre-paid by only check/money order 2-3 days to ship and they are straight run only. They are a 2 people show and they also sell seeds etc. I do have a friend that has used them before w/success - but I personally don't have any experience w/them. I could not afford $4 each no matter how beautiful the bird or the eggs

o

That is expensive. I would be tempted to buy maybe 4, but not 25. You could then raise your own, if one was a rooster.

o

If they sold small numbers they would get a whole bunch of people trying to do what you want to do. Buy the 25 and eat the ones with ugly eggs.

o

It's a fad, much like Americaunas eggs when Martha Stewart made THEM the 'must have' a few years ago. *L* Chicken high fashion!

'Eat the ones with ugly eggs' *LOL*

Velvet ~:>

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here