Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bencjedi

American Seed Company Seeds at Dollar Tree

bencjedi
15 years ago

Just a heads up that Dollar Tree has the American Seed Company seeds in for 2009. They are 10 packets for $1

I'm not sure every Dollar Tree is selling seeds, as my local store did not get any in last year. I have not been in that particular store yet this year to verify if they got any or not.

Comments (7)

• roxanne777
    15 years ago

Thanks ! I'll have to check the one here.I'll try to remember to post if they have them or not.

• bencjedi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It is mostly your 'staple', familiar type of vegetable and flower seeds. A couple of the pockets were entirely already bought-out, so I am not sure what seeds those were. Whoever beat me to the display must have cleaned house on whatever those seeds were.

• aliceinvirginia
    15 years ago

they were 4/$1 here near DC where everything is more expensive. Most drugstores had cheap seeds too. CVS, Rite Aid, etc. Kmart had 40% off most seeds.

• bencjedi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow.. my local Dollar Tree got hit BIG with the seed purchases. The cardboard displays are so 'devoured' it is unbelievable what difference a week makes.

• heather38
    15 years ago

Not as cheap as the dollar tree, but not advertised (at least in my local store!) I was in rite aid today and the spring isle was under construction and the seed rack was placed way back just as you enter the isle, so I nearly missed it! and in fact did miss it yesterday when I was in there, it took the eagle eyes of a 4 year old to see it! the seeds are a unmarked brand on the front and priced at 99c, on the back it says they are a product of the ferry-morse seed company, well I am a sucker for buying seeds and thought why not? brought 2 packets on paying found they where actually ringing up at 20c? I pointed it out, but the girl said, no thats what we are selling them at, it wasn't marked on the display and the display was possitivly heaving with seed packets, presumably because it not yet been advertised? hope this helps people who missed out on the dollar tree, like me! not quite as good a deal but more choice (at the moment)

• gardener_mary
    15 years ago

Our local Walmart had American Seed (plantation) for $.20 back in late Feb - early March. I doubt if there is much left now. They also had a large selection of Burpee seeds, some of the prices cheaper than the catalog. Our HD had a good supply of seeds that I thought were reasonable priced. I thought Lowe's prices were on the high side and they still had alot left last week.

Good gardening, Mary

• greenthumbbeth
    13 years ago

Wow! The dollar tree has a variety of seeds, (flowers and vegetables; cucmbers, spinach, peppers, squash, chives, basil, pole beans, tomatoes, cauliflower, aster, marigold, snap dragon, forget me not, bachlor button, cosmos, african daisys, sweet william, and morning glory!) planting pots, Brand Name Burpee Gloves (that normal retail for 65 dollars, according to amazon.com), 8 pound bags of planting top soil, and beautiful stones with inspirational quotes! That is my one stop shop for all my garden needs! And also, all of my vegetables, which are the ones above, have sprouted within 7 days of planting! It took my grandma 2 months with her quality Burpee Seeds!

Good Gardening,
    GreenThumbBeth

Sponsored