Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old easter baskets

Posted by paganpoet z5IL (gizmosgarden@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Mar 30, 05 at 16:22

can i use old easter baskets to grow some of my seeds in. like a table top garden or to start a few seedlings
like a table top greenhouse?
is this possible.alos can i reuse herbal tea bags to give my house plants a little "snack"?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old easter baskets

Sure, you can use old baskets to start seeds. It's a great idea You might want to line it with something to control water flowing out. Plastic liner would work well, but you would have to be careful of overwatering. If you don't mind a little drainage you can use something more porous like fabric, coffee filters or moss, or nothing even.

As for the tea bags (assume they are used), they would do better in a compost heap, worm box, or buried in the flower bed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here