Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Catalogs/Websites

Posted by Shannon00 midwest (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 7, 05 at 17:30

Anyone have a favorite they'd recommend. I'm soo itching for spring but need to keep the budget in mind!
TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Catalogs/Websites

Here are some of my favorites:
www.bluestoneperennials.com
www.parkseed.com
www.superseeds.com

Enjoy!

o

Wayside is a great one, too.

o

www.parkseeds.com
www.vandycks.com
www.brecks.com
www.springhill.com

o

Thank you!!!

o

The following website should be bookmarked on every gardener's computer:

http://davesgarden.com/gwd/

Not only do they list very easily every internet/mail-order gardening company - US & many overseas - but also provide a "rating" system by folks who have purchased from the catalogs.

It is an absolutely PRICELESS website, that has saved me from spending $$$ where they could be spent better elsewhere.

o

The best company I have found to get the most for your money is GroCo Seeds. They are a small growing company so not a lot of photos, but I have purchased quite a lot from them and have never had a problem. They ship super fast.

Here is a link that might be useful: GroCo Seeds

o

My favorite is J L Hudson seeds. Great variety of seeds, and you get a lot of seeds in each packet. www.jlhudsonseeds.com

o

I have to say Jackson and Perkins is my favorite catalog. They are a bit costly but well worth it! Brecks bulbs are also nice but I have gotten mislabled bulbs and some that didn't bloom. I just gave them a call and they sent me new ones in the fall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here