Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
covers for patio swing

Posted by lee53011 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 9, 09 at 19:59

Has anyone ever been able to find replacement covers for those wal-mart patio swings? There is no maker name on it, and the top and cushions rotted away! I hate to throw it away when the metal is like new, but I can buy a new one for $100, so it doesn't pay to spend a fortune having a top custom made.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: covers for patio swing

Well, if you are handy with a sewing machine, Ebay can be your best friend. I purchased a bolt of off white Sunbrella fabric for under $100.00. I recovered about 10 cushions, made a slipcover for my leather sofa (Leather sticks to your skin during summer and drives us nuts, but the slipcover feels great on those hot days). I made a couple tablecloths and a set of placemats also. I still have some fabric left for patch jobs in case I need them!

I love the Sunbrella fabric because it is Sun Proof AND Water Proof. It washes like a dream! There are different weights. I chose the fabric weight, NOT the Canvas. My sewing machine is NOT heavy duty and I was afraid it couldn't handle canvas.

Good luck to you!

o

Get with Wal-Mart and get the company name from them. A friend did.

o

I got a wooden swing with top from a freecycler. The frame was there but no no fabric. I bought some cheap canvas from art goods store and primed it. Then when my grand kids (2 and 5)visited last summer I let them go with a bunch of acrylic paint. Viola' original art for my swing! /Abi

o

Replacement canopies and cushion covers for your patio swing can be purchased at swingcushioncovers.com.

If your swing is only a few years old sometimes you can get a replacement from the manufacturer. You will not get a better grade fabric than what came with the original (most of them faded or fell apart pretty quickly).

The web site above uses Sunbrella awning grade fabric that comes with a 10 year fabric warranty. They make most models and you have a choice of colors. Call them directly at 209-267-8155.

Good luck. Before you buy, compare the fabric. Best to replace it with a fabric that will be durable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swing Cushion Covers and More

o

friend of mine sowed a new one out of a fabric shower curtain. turned out pretty good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here