Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fence from Thick Wooden Table Legs - help

Posted by cdo_and_doug 5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 21, 09 at 11:28

Hi - I have an old table with 3 legs and wonder if I should turn this into a fence in the garden.

Here is what the legs are like
any one of these will get you on the right track.
http://www.cottagehomemaine.com/images/table-legs22.jpg

Should I cut them?
or do you have a better idea?

They are about at least 3" around.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fence from Thick Wooden Table Legs - help

some of these legs are turned and some are made from pieces. The ones made from pieces can be left in weather and they will start coming apart. If they are turned you can use for any number of uses. If you want to do a fence with three legs, then cut the table in half and put a piece between each leg. You can probably drill into the top and put that on rebar drivin into the ground to help hold it up. Also before you take it apart, look at the good end...with 2 legs. Does it look like a fireplace mantle. If so you can trim that part of the tabletop to 6-8 inches and put a faux fireplace in your garden. Set plants on top and plant under it.

o
RE: Fence from Thick Wooden Table Legs - help

Wow,
Thanks for the help.
You must have done something like this before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here