Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hengal_gw

Frugal score at Lowes today !! :)

hengal
18 years ago

First - I did NOT go into Lowe's today to buy any plants. Just want to make that clear (LOL). But, as I was checking out I saw the two huge clearance rack of plants, and truthfully, they were the very best looking "clearance" plants I've seen before. I had to keep asking the girl if these prices were correct.

Anyhoo - I walked out with 10 perennials - which earlier in the season sold for a total of $40.00. I got all 10 for $5.83!!! Can you believe that?

Now I'm an avid winter sower, as a matter of fact I'm sowing several perennial varieties this weekend for fall planting - but I just couldn't pass up these deals! The gallon perennials were $1 each and the quart size were 25 cents each. Whats a girl to do??? :)

Comments (12)

• alison
    18 years ago

What's a girl to do?

Go back for seconds, of course!!!
    Congrats on a great score!

• roseyp8255
    18 years ago

LUCKY! Good score!

• breezyb
    18 years ago

Wow - I may have to take a run by my local Lowes this week - thanks for the tip!!!

• lyndigirl
    18 years ago

Just a tip for you ladies: When a new truck comes in the old stuff goes out. So if you ask your customer service associate when the new truck comes in you know when to shop for best picks!

• thecurious1
    18 years ago

Just to let you know, I had one of those strikes also. It was a friday evening after a difficult day at work. I jut happened to be looking a the distressed plant shelf. The manager said I could take any distrssed plant for .50 per plant. That included all of these $20 perennials. It really raised my spirits. I didnt leave untill they closed at 11 p.m.

• mtmama42
    18 years ago

Earlier in the season I bought some clearance plants that at great prices at Lowe's. They've been babied and look really good now. However ..... now nothing is marked down. Most all the plants - both annuals and perrenials - at Lowe's here look like clearance plants but have their original prices!

• weedwhacker
    18 years ago

I go to walmart weekly for groceries. I always go back to the garden center and check out what they have bought too much of. twice this year I have bought gallon size asiatic lillies for 1 dollar each simply by waiting till they all bloomed out and got marked down. A little patience pays off.

• Sharon6
    18 years ago

Well, hengal, not to be one who likes to say "I've got a story better than that...." BUT....Today I went to Lowes, NOT TO BUY PLANTS, but I went to the clearance area to look anyway. While I was considering a marked down clematus, someone yelled at me from the front "Anything there for a dime!" I thought she was kidding, even checked with the cashier to be sure the yeller had the authority to say that. She did indeed! I got 13 perrienials for $1.30 including red daylilies, coral bells, 2 clematis, 2 unusual coreopsis, 2 containers of pink fountain grass....other things that I can't remember. AND, as I was paying I heard that same manager telling the staff they had to "get rid of lots of this stuff". I asked if that meant she would be doing other drastic markdowns and she said yes!
    So as others have said, Never hurts to check it out! Maybe your Lowes is doing the same!

Doing the happy dance in west Ky!

• kal2769
    18 years ago

I went to Lowe's today, as I often do, and was immediatly drawn to the clearance racks near the back of the garden section. I was pleased to see the dwarf mondo grass g.c. that I had been eyeing all season for $.25 per plant! There was also a flat full of sedum which will look great in my new rock garden. I was so plased to get 4 flats of plants and a beautiful red caladium for only $8.00. I came home tonight and have run myself ragged trying to decide where I want all of these to go. I know I am going to fill my strawberry pot, but where to put the other 2 full flats of D. mondo?!
    Any suggestions?
    ---Kal2769

• putzer
    18 years ago

Why, oh why don't we have a Lowes??!!

Although today at Shopko I bought two Knockout rose bushes for 4.66 each! Also a Korean Spice Viburnum for 2.43. I was giggling like a schoolgirl :)

• kendal
    18 years ago

I thought a 8 foot deodar cedar for$20 a pretty good price, and right before I got there a man bought all but the ; otherwise I would of tried to squeeze another one in my explorer LOL Of course I got it at home depot.

• mickey_dee2002
    18 years ago

I went to the local nursery and got 6 tree roses for $5.00 each. They were regular priced at $59.99. Actually I bought 1 the first trip and my wife sent me back for more!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting