Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Homemade Insecticidal Soap Formula

Posted by sandandsun 9a FL (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 15:44

Today I visited John Starnes' blog: Rosegasms

And I found his link to an article he wrote for the St. Petersburg Times.
In his article he provides a formula or recipe for homemade insecticidal soap. Note that the insecticidal soap recipe is the recipe that adds vegetable oil.

I haven't tried it; I just found it. Please report if it works as well for you as the commercially available products.

My thanks in advance to Mr. Starnes.

Direct link to the St. Petersburg Times article below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Wash away your garden worries by JOHN A. STARNES JR.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here