Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free plants

Posted by Marie99 z8 SC (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 27, 05 at 22:51

I just scored a truck full of free garden plants because I know somebody in the house salvage business. She tells people when a house is going to be demolished and the garden can be plundered.

It can't hurt to ask local salvage companies if they have this kind of info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free plants

For a while there, there were so many older homes being torn down around us. These homes were usually at least 30 years old and many times, so were the plants around them. I've saved lots of plants, sometimes even as the bulldozer was doing it's work.
I've gotten daylilies, easter lilies, asparagus ferns, more daffodils than I could possible handle, roses, century plants, a pond, lawn furniture, etc......
Love it!
Barb

o

What a great idea! I had never thought of that. I have a firm rule (kinda) that I never bring home more plants than I can put in the ground in one day, but I would sure make an exception if they were free. I guess I am gonna try and make friends with some salvage companies. I am trying to build up a cutting garden and it is slow going, mostly cause I have to work all day and don't have much time to spend on it.

o

Wow, that's a great idea! It would be neat to get a load of plants like that for nothing.

FlowerLady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here