Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denisemd_gw

Here is a tip... Recycle water from your fish tanks...

Denisemd
19 years ago

Hello Ya'll,

This is my first post on this forum. In addition to being an avid gardner, I also have an interest in tropical fish which leads me to my tip for the day. When I change the water in my fish tanks, I place it in recycled gallon jugs and use it to water my plants. Currently, I live in a condo and use it for my houseplants.

Soon, I will be moving into a house and will start using it for my gardens. Personally, I would not use this water for my edibles, but it is "free" nonetheless. I read about this tip from an aquarium forum that I frequent.

Speaking of fish tanks... You can also use pothos ivy cuttings in your aquarium. Fish will not eat this plant and it is so easy to do... Take your cutting and rinse it well as you do not want any plant chemicals in your fish tank. Just drop in the cutting to float and that is it. Betta's love to curl up on these leaves just under the surface of the water line. After sharing this tip, a friend of mine put a pothos leaf in her snake's aquarium. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me! Thank you for letting me share. Until next time be well and have a great weekend!

Always,

Denise

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?