Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njcher

First Sign You've Gone Overboard

njcher
19 years ago

Some of you who frequent this forum will recall my experience this winter, about which I posted. I was so desperate to have growing things around me that I went overboard with the flowers and plants. One morning my husband awakened first and happened to look at me sleeping in the bed, flowers and plants surrounding me. I was sleeping on my back with my hands folded on my chest. He said it gave him an eerie feeling, like he was at a funeral or a wake.

Fast forward to the end of the summer.

Sometimes we have these experiences where we can see familiar things in a new way. Such was the case the other night, when I arrived home to NJ from a trip to Vermont. My girlfriend was driving and I'd been sleeping in the car. We arrived at night and I woke up just as she was pulling in my drive. The first thing I thought when I saw all those plants and trees was, "Oh, Vicki is so cool. She even knows to stop at a nursery at night!" I said, "Wow, what nursery is this?" to which my friend just laughed.

Still thinking I was at a nursery, shopping in the dark (!?), my next thought was, "Boy this guy needs to sell some of his stock! He's got way too much stuff!!" I began to wake up, though, and realized I was in my own driveway.

Well, I guess I could cut down a little but...I was so happy this morning when I got a great bargain on a cedar window box and a big terracotta pot.

Cher

Comments (2)

Sponsored