Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My best resource as a frugal gardener!

Posted by newbieroselover z5a WNC Mtns (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 05 at 8:56

I'll bet alot of folks already know about this, but have you investigated whether there's a local Freecycle chapter in your community? The only rule about participating is that everything must be free. It's an online exchange where people give and get things for free. We've given away everything from furniture to dolls to dishes to excess Christmas ornaments to clothing to empty plant pots I couldn't use, and I've gotten passalong plants and all sorts of compostable materials for my lasagna gardens and compost piles. A wonderful way to recycle, reuse, and reduce consumption! Check it out.
Janice

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My best resource as a frugal gardener!

• Posted by suzieh z9 Altadena CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 2, 05 at 15:33

Love freecycle. Super active in the Los Angeles area. So many that we're regionalized. Also love craigslist.com.

I just had a new homeowner pick up all my succulents and geranium cuttings last week. Thanks freecycle!

Through craigslist, I got free bunny manure! Score!

o

I love freecycle =) I just picked up a utility tub last week to use in my "potting room." DH still thinks its the laundry room for some reason =) Last monnth I scored over 150 mason jars for canning my harvest, and I gave away oodles of perennials this summer.

o

I was thrilled to see a short feature about Freecycle on CNN Headline News last night. The more word about Freecycle spreads, the better for the planet!

o

I was thrilled to see a short feature about Freecycle on CNN Headline News last night. The more word about Freecycle spreads, the better for the planet!

o

Here's a link to a story featured in Saturday's Montgomery Advertiser (AL) - also http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051008/LIFESTYLE/510080312/1004/ARCHIVES

Here is a link that might be useful: Freecycle article - Mtgy Advertiser - 10-8-05

o

In the newspapers? On CNN!?!

This is where I now get plant containers of which I'm always in shortage. Hooray! No more jabbing holes in salsa containers...I accidentally jabbed a hole in my left hand doing that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here