Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have finally gone off the deep end...

Posted by garden_witch z6 MI (blondigoth@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Oct 11, 05 at 9:59

I will find a use for just about anything...

I was going through the junk drawer this morning to find rolling papers, it's not what you think! Swear! lol! I had a busted cigarette that needed fixin' =) (don;t bother to yell at me for smoking, that's DH's job!) anyway when I was laid off, I 'rolled my own,' getting the big drums of tobacco and stuffing the tubes myself. Every canister had a pack of 100 papers in it. Being the pack rat that I am, I tossed them in the junk drawer.

So, I'm browsing the seed exchange forum, and it occurs to me that there must be a way to use the papers for seed packets. It also briefly occurs to me that some people might be offended by them, but then it occured to me that I didn't care =)

And here it is, a 'Top' quality seed packet...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have finally gone off the deep end...

Too funny! Hope you don't get laid off anytime soon again, or you'll regret using those up. LOL

o

Funny, funny. Be careful that someone doesn't think those seeds are something the government doesn't want us planting. Ha, ha. My local water utility co. has small little envelopes to put your payment in if the office is closed. Somehow or other a couple have found their way to our house. They make great seed holders. I also use empty film containers for seed sharing. Keep the ha, ha coming we'll need it when winter sets in. Enjoying a beautiful Tennessee day!

o

• Posted by suzieh z9 Altadena CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 14, 05 at 2:15

Well, I don't smoke and used to keep papers around for cleaning my flute keys. Clever idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here