Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
riches

Posted by WestEnder z7 Atlanta GA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 22, 04 at 16:23

The last week or so has been a great one for finding free things here in Atlanta. First, we had a Gardenweb plant trade and everyone went home with loads of beautiful plants and useful garden items.

Then, a tree-trimming company came through my neighborhood trimming branches away from the power lines, and I was able to get four huge truckloads of fresh mulch, which is steaming right now in a field behind my house.

And I discovered a demolition site on my way home from work, where I can get free as many used bricks as I can use.

I think maybe I've died and gone to heaven. . .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: riches

You did hit the jackpot and here I thought I had hit the jackpot today.

Earlier this week, I read on another site on the garden forum, about using old waterbed heaters for heat mats, so I put out an APB for some and have secured two plus the one I found in the basement. Hopefully the other half and daughters will come through with one or two from co-workers.

Have a GREAT day and hope your luck continues.

o

Last weekend, I bought a nice cornecopia at a yard sale for 50 cents. Yesterday, on my way to volunteer at the cat garden, I took a different route than usual, and lo and behold, there was a stand along the side of the road, loaded with all sorts of gourds and a FREE sign. Well, woo hoo! I used some of the larger guords for decoration outside and filled the cornecopia with the smaller gourds. Presto! Cheap, nice decorating that will last through Thanksgiving!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cornecopia of riches ;-)

o

That's a beautiful cornecopia!!!!

o

Sketchmark, the water bed heater/grow mat is a GREAT idea!
how is it working out! I used to work in a greenhouse/nursery even at our cost they were sky high!
val

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Frugal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here