Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raspberryflyer

Where Can You Get Free 55 Gallon Plastic Barrels?

raspberryflyer
17 years ago

Where can you get free 55 gallon plastic barrels?

I used to pick them up at the local Pepsi distributor. They got syrup in them and after they extracted all the syrup out of them they would give them to people who came to get them.

But recently, corporate adopted a new policy prohibiting the plants from giving the barrels away.

So I need a new source, since in the spring I'm going to be teaching seniors how to grow vegetables in plastic half barrels and want to give each student their own barrel to take home to start their own little veggie farm.

Comments (161)

• stillrael34
    8 years ago

We can help you in Cleveland with free barrels. cuyahogarainbarrels@gmail.com

• allensharonj
    8 years ago

Looking for barrels. We live by Boise, ID. Any ideas?

• Mary Broughton Stadter
    8 years ago

I'm looking for barrels (food grade ideally) to use for gardening with our scout group in the St. Louis MO area. Anyone know of a good place to ask near here?

• mogardener
    8 years ago

Do you know anyone who works at a soft drink bottling plant? They sometimes will give away the syrup barrels, especially if it's for a good cause.

• Ulrike Selleck
    7 years ago

Hi all! We live in rural Iowa. Want to build an inexpensive floating dock for our little pond. Any idea where to get those empty barrels in IOWA? Thank you!!

• Jimmy Ramon
    7 years ago

Where can I get free plastic barrels in Carrizo Springs Texas

• PRO
    Dave/barrels
    7 years ago

• PRO
    Dave/barrels
    7 years ago

I sell a lot of the plastic and metal barrel. But I'm in. Salem In. Text 812-896-3770

• C T
    7 years ago

Mary, I also live in the general area of StL (IL) Please share any leads you get on rain barrels in our area! I'm looking as well. Probably two- four if need be to do my part to make a minimum shipping kinda thing for us both. I'm way more interested in the red/orange olive/pickle barrels though. The screw on lid. Thank you!

• add007
    7 years ago

I'm in the Pittsburgh PA area and looking for free or extremely cheap barrels. Anyone know where I can find them?

• mccjdavis
    7 years ago

I live in Sacramento and I'm looking for 55 gal barrel that has open top and cover that can be sealed/ locked for shipping. Please let me know where I may get one. Thanks

• PRO
    Chemical used
    7 years ago

I live in roanoke va, I have many 15 gal barrels if you need those... let me know.

• PRO
    Claria Johs
    7 years ago

I have many 55 , 30 gallon barrels if you need text me 520-422-6255

• PRO
    Claria Johs
    7 years ago

I have many 55 gallon barrels for sale if interested text me 520-422-6255

• gery
    7 years ago

I have 6, potable water, 55 gallon, blue barrels, never used and clean, in Irvine, CA, free if you pick up. gerysouza@yahoo.com. No solicitors please.

• John Mayhugh
    7 years ago

If anybody in Northeast Ohio house for to get blue 55 gallon barrels let me know

• Eric Fee Palmer
    6 years ago

Any available in northeast Iowa southwest Wisconsin area?

• PRO
    Claria Johs
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Perfect water storage containers!
    This 55 Gallon Blue Poly Drum is optimally drainable (you can pour out a liquid to almost the last drop when the drum is tipped at an angle) text me 520-422-6255

• Oren Tuvia
    6 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Looking for free barrels hopefully find 12 in South Florida. Or if anyone knows where to get them!

• bjducksprings
    6 years ago

I need 4 or 5 of these barrels. I live in Alabama. If anyone has or know of any near by please pm me?????

• Tawnya Hornsby
    6 years ago
    Need 2 free barrels for a school carnival - if you are located in central Indiana and have 2 let me know!
  • mushiigfx
    6 years ago

Hello, I'm in Plantation florida and looking for brand new 55 gallon food safe grade plastic (red barrel). I'd appreciate the help.

• Felicia Hargrave
    5 years ago

I'm looking for plastic 55 gallon drums I need 220. Of them so I need a lot free is awesome but willing to pay if price is right please contact me through Facebook messenger I really could use the help in finding these. I live in Louisiana close to New Orleans. THANK YOU

• harshad_b
    5 years ago

wanted two 55 gallon plastic drum for compositing in fort Myers fl

• harshad_b
    5 years ago

please call 2399940547 Hershey's cell phone for above request

• harshad_b
    5 years ago

wanted red wrigglers for worm bin in fort myers fl ...pl call on 2399940547 cell

• HU-167956876
    5 years ago

Where to buy cheap 55 gal drum near here at Stafford Virginia .

• Felix Ortiz
    5 years ago

I'm in Houston tx looking for 12 free plastic 55 gallon drums for rain water collection.collection.and 4 metal 55 gallon drums for recycling.

Thank

• Emrick Garam
    5 years ago

looking for 1 free 45 or 55 Gal blue Barrel my zip code: 90042, in Highland Park, CA

• daninthedirt (USDA 9a, HZ9, CentTX, Sunset z30, Cfa)
    5 years ago

Yep, only $15 on eBay, and then about a hundred bucks shipping. Geez.

• HU-122479327
    4 years ago

Hello my name Marcus. I am looking for plastic and metal drums plz contact at smith72smiles@gmail.

• HU-868118237
    3 years ago

ISO 20 Plastic Drums - 55 Gallon, Closed Top, Blue?

• Personal
    3 years ago

Looking for several 55 gallon drums as well. Looking near the Roanoke va (Smith mountain lake) area. Thanks Amanda

• Guerlyne Dessources
    3 years ago

Hi look you barrel around Lowell ma any ideas.

• HU-393969634
    3 years ago

Looking for 55gal food grade closed top plastic barrels around Houston, used and free would be wonderful!

• Larry Reeder
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Yes! I would also love to find a source for 3 - 6 55 or more closed top plastic barrels. I'm in SE Wisconsin (Menomonee Falls, WI to be precise). They need to be food grade as I'll be using them to harvest rain water and then irrigating our vegetable garden. Thanks!!

If you're in the SE Wisconsin area - I found a source: "ThatBarrelGuy". He's a very small operation, was very nice and had 4 food grade barrels (flavorings - one was grape - smells so good) for me at $25 each. I found him on CraigsList - Milwaukee. If you look you can find cheap ones, but you'll have to contact food type manufacturing businesses like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Nestle, you get the idea. He got his from a flavoring company locally (not sure if he got them free or paid a small fee).

Good luck!

• Yvonne Bobbett
    3 years ago

I love in New Mexico, does anyone know where to get 55 gal barrels locally? On a tight budget.

• Ryan Potter
    3 years ago

I live in Maryland in Anne Arundel County and am looking for some free, or as close to free as possible, 55 gallon barrels. Doing some gardening and compost workshops for kids and wanted to be able to make a planter for each of them to be able to take home with them. Any info please email me at jryan.potter@gmail.com

• HU-674209554
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Contact me at 1995logo@gmail.com or (662)-473-8582. Based out of NE MS, RSST services the entire globe. We’re looking to hire more drivers. Regardless of where you live, we have a job offer for you. No CDL required, since we have options under 20k lbs. CDL jobs available, too. No experience necessary. Apply yourself.

We buy & sell:

Metal

Wood

Drums

Pallets

Plastics

Clothing

Furniture

Materials

Machinery

Cardboard

Electronics

Mixed Paper

Cable Coils/Spools

ETC.

Get out there & talk to people, face to face. Make some phone calls, if you have to. Many businesses use plastic drums. And, much like wooden pallets, most of them end up being hauled off to a landfill or scrap yard for around $350 (at the business owner’s expense) simply because they don’t know any better. All they see is garbage. A recycling business, like mine, sees money. There are whole businesses based around these problems. I’ve made millions sorting through the world’s ”garbage”, and i’m here to influence you to do the same. Even if I have to pay you to do it. Text me. Thanks.

• HU-474566887
    3 years ago

Free used #2 plastic 55-gallon open head drums in Hudson Massachusetts. Contact me at pvipraio@middlesexresearch.com

• MarkG353 .
    3 years ago

Hello, I'm looking for 11-12 open head, 55-gallon drums in Cincinnati area. Ideally = free & plastic. email: mark.greene@ita.com

Thx

• Reynaldo Rodriguez
    2 years ago

I'm in Miami, Florida. Looking for plastic barrels or wood barrels, preferably food grade. These will be used for gardening purposes. I'm learning to grow food. I got a pick up truck so if you are somewhere near Miami and got some barrels to give text me 786-419-8423. Thanks. -Rey

• dini21
    2 years ago

I am in Anne Arundel County, MD and looking to make my own rain barrels. I'm in the market for cheap, food grade, 55 gallon drums. Please email me at smotheythebluecat(at)gmail(dot)com

• HU-272458144
    2 years ago

I have many Black 55 gal plastic drums with nice removable lids for FREE but you must pick them up. Contact Alice @ 5742624685 ext 40314

• MarkG353 .
    2 years ago

574-262-4685 = 2551 County Rd 10 W, Elkhart, IN 46514

• Andyvel Guevara
    2 years ago

I need a free 55 plástic barrel near sandspring

• Eddie Connolly
    last year

looking for some barrels to build a raft for a music festival. free ticket if you can help me

• Robert Millington
    last month

The person clearly said FREE barrels and a buncha idiots posting about selling SMH

Sponsored