Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grape_2006

concord seedless

grape-2006
9 years ago

is concord seedless much sweeter than the seeded concords? are the grapes much smaller?

Comments (6)

• fireballsocal
    9 years ago

I remember reading that it is a whole different grape altogether and doesen't compare favorably to the real seeded concord grape. Basically, the breeders were trying to play off of the success of concord. I haven't planted the grape myself though.

• Tony
    9 years ago

Grape

You can read the thread about concord seedless below.

Tony

Here is a link that might be useful: Concord Seedless grape

• jtburton
    9 years ago

grape-2006,

I notice that almost every thread you start is a 'search engine friendly' name followed by a trivial question. Below is just a short list of your recent thread titles. If that's just your writing style, I would offer you unsolicited advice that maybe you should try to do a little research first and then ask us a question with a little more substance.

If you are a thread starter working for iVillage, I would ask that you try to not game the forum with search engine terms to boost the site's organic search results.

If you are really, really interested in fruits and I'm completely wrong...I apologize. This site is one of my favorite locations to exchange tips and gardening experiences, so I just want it to remain as relevant as possible.

Jeremy

GOLDEN MUSCAT
    glenora seedless grape vine
    Concord seedless
    starking delicious pear trees
    hardired nectarine
    stark grand gala
    arkansas black spur type tree
    stark early white giant peach
    zestar apple tree
    flaming fury jumbo peach
    stark brothers peach trees
    honeycrisps apple tree
    sundance apple tree
    gurneys tickeled pink grapes
    buffalo grapes
    neptune grapes

• Tony
    9 years ago

Just curious that a lot of those trees listed were in Starbros catalog?

Tony

• chickencoopcomposter
    9 years ago

I've grown about 20 different varieties of table grapes, and Concord seedless was one of the worst- small berries, small clusters, poor flavor. Try Glenora or Jupiter instead.

• clarkinks
    9 years ago

Seedless Concord in Kansas are very large. Don't pick them until they are dead ripe or they will be sour. They are not seedless in Kansas due to weather here.