Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xdxproxdx

My Avocado tree is hurting

xdxproxdx
9 years ago

I bought this choquette tree from a nursery in Florida and now have it here in Austin Texas. About a week after I repotted I started to notice it wasn't looking as good as when it came from the nursery. It came in a box that took three days to ship. So my first thought was to give this sun starved tree some light. So I put facing the full afternoon sun. So it maybe had a full 6 hours of sun. I think that is what is killing, too much sun. I only deep water it about once a week or when the soil get dry so I dont think over watering is an issue, also the soil drains good and is nice and loose and my pot has plenty of holes. I only put a little bit of fertilizer and from what the tree looks like I dont think its fertilizer burn. This tree is rated for 26F and above, so I've been watching the weather keeping an eye out if it gets below 32F if so I'll bring it in. So I don't think its the cold. I guess I can only upload one picture so ill put what it looks like now. Rite now I moved it to the shade so it can recover. I really dont want to lose this tree. I think it was the sun hurting it, but could it be something else? Please help

Comments (3)