Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edymnion

Fruit Recommendations?

Edymnion
10 years ago

Hello all,

I'm scaling my usual summer planting back this year to just some pumpkins, a couple of peppers, and... I'm frankly not sure what. Hence why I'm asking for some suggestions.

I've been growing a wide range of unusually fruits and veggies the past several years. Glass Gem Corn, Purple Cauliflower, Kiwano Melons, etc. I also took up beekeeping last year and I'm going to spend this coming year expanding on that, so less time for babysitting plants.

So, I'm looking for some recommendations on what kind of annual fruit I could plant. I already have cherry trees, mulberry, blueberry, several kinds of grapes, figs, pawpaws, and blackberries as permanent fixtures in my yard, but I want to grow more fruit that I can just pick and eat. Really sick of tomatoes as well, btw.

I'm thinking strawberries might be good, but I'd still like to plant something unusual. As in something I can't walk into every grocery store in the country and get. I keep seeing black strawberries in less than reputable places which make me not want to even try them, but they would be awesome.

Any ideas for something sweet that I can put in my raised beds that won't sprawl all over the place?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus