Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stac5455

Ever ordered blueberries from True Blue Plants?

stac5455
12 years ago

Has anyone had any experience ordering blueberries from True Blue Plants? It looks like they sell the Sweet crisp blueberries in 2.5" liners for $2.20 per plant. I didnt know if it would be worth the extra effort since they are so small.

Thanks in advance....

Stacy

Comments (8)

• bamboo_rabbit
    12 years ago

Stacy,

I was just at True blue week before last:) I can save you some time..they are out of sweet crisp liners. The liners are what we wanted but they are a seasonal item and you have to buy an entire tray. We ended up buying 55 1 gallon sweet crisps (they threw in an extra 5 for free to make it 60) The plants were 24" tall and gorgeous...much much larger than I thought. They only had about 100 sweet crisp left though.

• stac5455
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Bamboo ~
    Thanks for the reply. I read your post about getting the 60 plants but wasnt sure where it was from. Im debating on waiting till spring to order the sweet crisp or spring whether it be from florida hill or true blue. If i order now they will stay protected in the garage.

Stacy

• bamboo_rabbit
    12 years ago

Stacy,

Give them a call, I believe it is in the spring (May?) when they have the liners which may work for you. They are a quality operation.

You can grow the Sweet crisps up there? We were from NW PA.

• stac5455
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I gave them a call and had to leave a message even though it was during business hours. I am going to try them in pots and bring them in the attached garage in the winter. Do you know how many are in a tray? If it is too many then i will end up ordering the larger ones.

• bamboo_rabbit
    12 years ago

Stacy,

It could be they were closed for the holiday. I paid for mine in advance then picked them up at their facility in Hudson FL. They actually have several growing fields across the state. I believe the liners are 50 to a tray. For the potted plants the minimum is 25 (if you want the cheaper price)If you buy less than 25 plants the price per pot is $11. Reason is they supply Home Depot and they have a non compete clause in the contract

• blueboy1977
    12 years ago

Just Fruits and Exotics has them in stock right now in 1 gallon pots aswell. Im recieving 2 sweet crisp and a few other varieties this week from them. Ive had good results from them so far. I have gotten 2 plants that had blight from them. Just make sure you prune them hard when planting. That goes for all blueberry plants from nurserys though. You take a chance of them dieing from blight if not! Good luck!

• bamboo_rabbit
    12 years ago

Just fruits is run by hippies:) But they are very fine people with top notch though pricey plants. My wife and I were up there a couple months ago......I would go more often if it wasn't 3.5 hours away.

• Chris_999
    11 years ago

I was looking to order some liner plants also and did not want to buy an entire tray from True Blue Plants. I found out from another thread on this site that Connie at Horner Farms in Georgia (http://www.hornerfarmsinc.com/) deal mostly with commercial growers but will sell liner plants for $2 each plus the exact shipping for USPS.

She was great to work with and took the time to answer questions and deal with a small retail order like mine.

This post was edited by Chris_999 on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 23:21