Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No Blossoms on my Loquat Tree (Big Jim)

Posted by Terryberry67 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 8, 12 at 17:08

I live in Sacramento California. I have a 3 to 4 year old "Big Jim" Loquat Tree.(5 to 6 ft. tall) I got fruit the 2nd year but not last year. No blossoms yet this year? When do the blossoms first appear? Also, when do you usually harvest?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No Blossoms on my Loquat Tree (Big Jim)

http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/loquat.html

Here is a link that might be useful: CRFG Loquats

o

• Posted by AJBB none (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 8, 12 at 21:10

They start showing up in December and continue through early January. Harvest in April-May. Big Jim generally takes 3 to 4 years in the ground before it starts producing.

Unfortunately the flowers are frost tender.

o

my Big Jim loquat is 7 years old and about 10 feet high. The leaves are very strong and healthy appearing. The tree has never blossomed or fruited. I was told this variety is self pollenating. I live about 7 miles inland on the Calif. central coast.
Any suggestions?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here