Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ztom

Schlabach's Catalog

ztom
9 years ago

Has anyone received a catalog from Schlabach's yet?

Comments (12)

• Tunamelt
    9 years ago

I have not received mine yet, but have been eagerly checking my mailbox as it is normally delivered around Christmas.

• appleseed70
    9 years ago

I'm waiting on mine as well. I called in late summer or early fall and left my addy etc...they obviously got it because they sent me a little note of some sort...don't remember. I think I remember mamuang saying it usually came out about mid February I think. Seems awful late for a nursery catalog and I'm going to bail on them if I don't get one soon.

• mamuang_gw
    9 years ago

Hi There,

Schlabach catalog arrived today. So did White Oak's.

I do not know if I got Schlabach's catalog because I left a message for David Schlabach looking for it or it's about time. In addition to fruit trees, it offers organic and non-organic disease&pest control, books and reference guides.

White Oak catalog is about the size of a pocket calendar. It offers a lot of interesting fruit varieties.

Both offer Harrow Sweet and Harrow Delight Euro pears if you are looking for them.

I am not sure why I torture myself ordering these catalogs. I run out of planting space.

• appleseed70
    9 years ago

Just checked the mailbox...still no catalog. Arrrggghhh

• mamuang_gw
    9 years ago

Appleseed,

Call David S. At 585 798-6198. I called and left a message on Mon. The catalog arrived 3-4 days later.

I think you will like what they offer regarding stuff for diseases and pest control ,too.

• appleseed70
    9 years ago

Still...no catalog...Amish or not, not seeing or understanding any reason for this. Not sensing the vibes of a professional or dedicated business at this point. Hopefully I'm proven wrong...doubting it.

• Tunamelt
    9 years ago

I received my catalog in the mail today, without having to leave David and his crew a message. This is the latest it has arrived since I started buying from them 2 years ago.
    I agree with mamuang, they are a great place for a backyard orchardist to buy fruit trees, sprays, berries, grapes etc. What I like most about them is their prices and their selection of "proven winners" discussed on this forum such as Harrow Sweet Pear, GoldRush Apple, Satsuma Plum and Black Gold Cherry. Check 'em out!

• ztom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I called last week on Monday or Tuesday. Got the Catalog on Friday.

• appleseed70
    9 years ago

I received mine yesterday...finally. They do have a nice selection of trees, but their prices are not good at all on sprays etc. Shipping seems sorta high to me as well when only ordering a few trees, but I guess that's somewhat the same everywhere now. Buying two trees will cost you roughly 1/2 the cost for shipping as the order total. All in all about the same as Starks I guess...say $26 per tree delivered.

• nyRockFarmer
    9 years ago

Do they have Eastern Glo nectarine? If they do, what is the rootstock?

• mamuang_gw
    9 years ago

They offered Easternglo last year but not this year.

• nyRockFarmer
    9 years ago

Okay, thanks mamuang.

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County