Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2010champsbcs

Conway Orchard Sign

2010champsbcs
9 years ago

Conway. I saw an orchard sign you posted several months ago. Thanks for giving me the idea. It has been cold lately and the Grands and I finished four wren bird houses that were made from cedar. Never wanting to waste anything I thought about the orchard sign. It is a little rough around the edges but without many tools I think it will serve the purpose intended. It gives a person a good feeling to use a leftover 16"x5.5" rough cut board and make a display. The inlay was cut with a handheld dremmel tool and painted with black acrylic art paint. This is more information than most people will want to read but there is not much else going on.

Comments (3)

• thecityman, Zone 7a/6b near Nashville
    9 years ago

When I saw the title to this thread I was thinking it was going to be a roadside sign for a commercial orchard. But seeing that you and Conway have just made signs for your own enjoyment and the enjoyment of those who visit makes it even more special-what a neat idea! People make 'XYZ FARMS' type signs, so why not recognize your orchard in the same way! This definitely just went on my to do list. I just went and looked at Conway's sign and love it to (and his fence!). If anyone else has made their own little orchard sign it would be fun to see them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Conway's sign

• 2010champsbcs
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Now I need to start planning for the picket fence. Not so sure my city will allow chickens but I like the idea.

• conwayorchard2012
    9 years ago

It looks awesome! Nice job 2010champsbcs! Sorry so long to respond I took the winter off :) But now that it was 60 degrees today in NJ I am back for the season and GardenWeb advice to fix all I do wrong this year!

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH