Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for Rubinette, Jupiter, kiwi

Posted by zestfest 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 23:33

Hi there -- I realize this is not the plant exchange forum but I've seen some scion exchange requests posted here so thought I'd give it a try as I'm not getting much response in other venues. Sincere apologies if it is out of line!

This is what I have to offer:
Apple scionwood: I have Florina, Jonafree, Karmijn de Sommeville, and Liberty
Fig: I have Desert King.
Gooseberry: I have Yellow Hinnomaki
Currant: Pink Champagne
Blueberries: I have Polaris and Northland
Grape: I have a vine that is either Reliance, Canadice, and Suffolk. Sadly, I don't know which as the label fell off.

This is what I'm looking for:
Parafilm (hoping this will improve my grafting success)
Apple: I'm looking for Rubinette, Ashmead's Kernel, Kidds Orange Red, Fiesta and Suntan apple scionwood. Also looking for crabapples like Dolgo to use as pollinators.
Hardy Kiwi: I'm looking for males, Issai, and any variety other than Anna and Ken's Red.
Fig: I'm interested in anything that would do well in the Pacific Northwest except for Brown Turkey.
Grape: I'm looking for Jupiter, Price, and NY Muscat cuttings

Thanks & happy growing!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for Rubinette, Jupiter, kiwi

zestfest,

According to my records I have Suntan, Rubinette, and Ashmead's Kernel. Give me a chance to go out and check if they have any scion I can take.

o

• Posted by bob_z6 6b/7a SW CT (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 21:57

Milehighgirl,

How is the Suntan apple? Stephen Hayes (Fruitwise from UK) seems to really like it, but I haven't seen it around too much. ToA seems to be the only place selling it, and they don't do dwarf rootstocks.

o

bob_z6,

I haven't tasted it yet. I hope to get some this year. I'm pretty sure I bought mine from Cummins.

zestfest,

The first year growth I have is not pencil thickness. I don't mind sending the scion but I don't think it's really large enough in diameter. I'm no expert on grafting. Maybe it would work for a bark or cleft graft. LMK.

o

Hi milehighgirl -- TYSM for checking! It seems some people have had success with wood at least 1/8 inch thick, so if you are OK with sending it I'd like to try. I will PM you. Also, I got a message from tedgrowsit but it seems his email is not activated so I can't reply... so I hope he sees this message!

o

As far as legality goes, how does one send scion from the U.S. to Canada? (I didn't see you were in Canada before)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here