Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant or wait on weather HELP!

Posted by kyyada 6B-7A (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 0:40

Hello:

My order of trees from California will be here mon. The temps are going to be in the upper teens here wed night. Planting them is no problem as the temp is 45 Mon and I have a rotary plow to dig the holes, I also have a truck load of mulch. I am wondering what state of dormancy they will be in and how the temps will effect them. I am posting now as I figure they will be here around noon. I have an unattached building but no heat and I wonder if I would be better off to plant them. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant or wait on weather HELP!

Last year I had trees come early, and planted them. They were coming out of dormancy, had flower buds even. They went back into dormancy. Came out on time and grew well last summer. I wasn't sure what to do either, so I emailed Michigan State University home garden services. They told me to plant them. It was about March 7th in zone 6a. Last frost was April 29th last year, so temps dipped down to 28 degrees a couple times. Tree seem to have no problems at all. So I guess I would plant them if you can work the ground.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here