Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
john222_gg

get chill

john222-gg
9 years ago

For the last week the Get Chill net has not been working or is it just me? Has any one else been using it. Shure would hate to see it stop for good.

Comments (10)

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    9 years ago

I just tried after reading your message john and it is working.Brady

• andrew_swmo
    9 years ago

John, it is working. Try using a different weather station ID.

• john222-gg
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the info. I have been using Get Chill for a long time and never had a problem. I tryed at least 8 diffrent weather stations still won't work. Just don't under stand!!!!

• thecityman, Zone 7a/6b near Nashville
    9 years ago

This is the first I've seen or heard about this site. Can someone please tell me a tiny bit more about it....either it isn't working for me or I don't know how to interpret the results. When I go get the station name from the map page link given on getchill.net and then go back and enter it on the getchill site, and then hit "calculate", the only thing that happens is a small grey area appears in the long white box below the calculate button. I am guessing that MAYBE the more grey that gets filled it, the more chill hours have occurred??? But is there not an actual number given? How can I know just by looking at the grey bar scale how many hours that equals? I suspect I'm missing something obvious and this is a dumb question, but I just can't quite figure this out for some reason?? Or perhaps, like john222, it just isn't working for me? THanks.

• gator_rider2
    9 years ago

This one for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chill hours to yesterdays total

• gator_rider2
    9 years ago

My total 777 hours on my low chill plants means temp at peach tree bud above 77 degrees buds start braking. .

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    9 years ago

cityman,
    I'm thinking your input information for the location is not quite correct.What city or town is closest to your orchard?I might be able to get some station numbers to plug in. Brady

9 years ago

************************UPDATE**********************
    Apparently it was/is a computer glitch. It still doesn't work when I use Internet explorer, but I tried it using Google Chrome and it works....I now understand that the bottom white box is just a scale showing calculation time and when its full I now get all the chill hour information. Using IE, that box fills out about 10% and just freezes up, so I didn't know what was supposed to happen until just now. If this is what is happening to the OP, John, maybe you want to try CHROME as well.
    Strangely, though, the site provided by Gator above doesn't work no matter which browser I use. When I put in my zip and hit select...nothing happens. Oh well.....apparently I'm having computer issues if its working for others. Either way, I'm thrilled to get the new "GETCHILL" site and information. That is great info.

Now if I could just find a way to look up what the lowest temperature recorded for each year is, I'll be set. Any suggestions on that? Weather underground sort of has it but its very hard to get to. Thanks all.

This post was edited by thecityman on Tue, Feb 3, 15 at 2:07

• john222-gg
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thecityman
    Thanks for the heads up using Google Chrome works. I have always used Internet Explorer and it worked before but now it won't Thanks again for the info.The site Gator is using I think it is for Georgia,Florida and Alabama it will not work with my zip either. It has a map that shows the areas where it works it is a good site I wish it would work in Mississippi

9 years ago

John222-gg
    I, too, almost always use Explorer but I know lots of people hate it so maybe they have a point! Glad it worked for you too. I also appreciate the insight on the site Gator provided so I know its not just me. I missed that map showing where it worked. Finally, thanks again for this whole thread because I'd often wondered how many chill hours my area has and when it has them so I really do love the getchill tool!