Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finding Paw Paw Fruit in Mid-Michigan

Posted by osbornm1 MI (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 28, 09 at 11:02

Does anyone know where one could find Paw Paw fruit in the Lansing area of Mid-Michigan. I tried some Paw Paw a few years back and it was amazing. I've been trying to find them ever since with no luck. I would like to find them in the wild, if anyone knows a good spot, or a place where I could buy some this fall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finding Paw Paw Fruit in Mid-Michigan

Try www.hartmannsplantcompany.com they sell
them and they are in MI.
Jim

o

• Posted by chills Zone 6b Mi (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 28, 09 at 19:03

Tollgate Nursery is in your area and they are supposedly famous for Pawpaw in particular (C DAvis was a relative of the owners)..

Let us know what you find out if you contact them.

~Chills (in SCS, Mi)

o

Same question as above.. looking for PawPaw fruit (aka the Michigan Banana)... hoping to find a location near Lansing, 2nd choice is Flint.
Tom

o

Unfortunately, this may NOT be a good year. If others are like my trees, the late April freezes took out almost 100% of the blooms.

o

Unfortunately, this may NOT be a good year. If others are like my trees, the late April freezes took out almost 100% of the blooms.

o

I am in Ann Arbor and I have many secret wild paw paw spots.
I find most of the trees along rivers and creeks.
Come down here and we can go paw paw hunting.
They are a rare tree but you can find them you just have to be willing to bushwack a lot.

I have not been out to my patches this year so I am not sure if there is fruit or not.

o

• Posted by skyjs z8 OR, USA (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 0:13

Don't ask anyone in Paw Paw, Michigan. I couldn't find anyone there who knew what they were.

Isn't Oikos nursery in Michigan?

Digging out big wild trees could very well result in killing them. They have a tap root. I have good luck transplanting baby trees.
JOhn S
PDX OR

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here