Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Goldrush for $4.99 today only

Posted by northwoodswis4 4a (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 12:03

For those of you in zones 5 or southward, Gurneys has a today-only sale on Goldrush apple for $4.99. You might need keycode 0531094. The price will come up when you are at the checkout. Wish I could grow them where I live.
Northwoodswis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Goldrush for $4.99 today only

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 12:40

They have several "grades". Does that apply to all grades and do you know the rootstock? Thank You!

o

It looks like it just applies to the standard 2-4' trees. Though that is a good price if you are looking for that type of apple.

o

I have no idea. You will have to check it out.
Northwoodswis

o

I just ordered 4 of them. They only give you the discount on the standard trees. If nothing else I'll use them later to graft other apples on to them later.

o

Saw that. I have a special Myra Red Fuji coming, so they're going to be planted next to each other. Somewhere. Not sure where I can squeeze them in, but I will find a spot.

Patty S.

o

• Posted by lkz5ia z5 west iowa (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 19:23

Thanks for the code, have a small damaged one, want a backup or 2.

o

Just picked up 2 I know they won't ripen in my zone but hopefully they will survive in zone 4 they are for the deer anyway

o

• Posted by bencjedi 6 - Central Kentucky (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 2:37

I couldn't get the $4.99 deal, but have a small yard anyway, so the Li’l-BIG 2-3 ft will work better for me anyway. Fortunately they were running a 50% off everything sale and I just got my order in under the gun!

o

Just to let you know gurneys is not honoring there sale they are limiting to one tree only, check your credit card statement, I know a ton of people who have cancelled there order cause of this blatant false advertising they have lost allot of potential customers because of this

o

Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 20:27

Yeah, I saw that in my email, too. I'll be complaining about that.

o

Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 21:30

I guess you wouldn't even had to cancel, looks like now I got an email saying they are out of stock and I won't get any, bunch of birdbrains there. So wasted all our time even going through that ordering process.

o

After complaining, this is what I got:
Thank you for your email. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that in the special offer a customer can order only one Goldrush Apple Tree for $4.99. The system would not allow ordering more than one tree on order.

While we try to make every effort to ensure that the items you order are of the highest quality, shipped to you in a timely manner, and with the best service, occasionally we stumble. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have issued a gift apology certificate to you in the amount of $20.00 for the inconvenience caused. You will be receiving it shortly through the mail which you may use for any merchandise through our catalog or website.

o

I got a e-mail stating they were limiting the order to only one tree. Then today I got another one stating they were cancelling the order completely. I responded and told them I would not bother ordering anything from them in the future. They have lost a lot of business because of this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here