Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big fruit tree

Posted by briergardener 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 12:07

Does it make sense to search for a big plum tree to buy?
I want to plant plum tree in space where was old pear tree, but don't want to have there tiny tree because i want some shade to the area.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big fruit tree

Of course it sense:) Shade trees hold that wonderful sentimental value you know? I don't know any varieties of plum that grow large,but wouldn't any tree grow large except for dwarf varieties?

o

The area where old tree was growing is very sunny and it provided some shade for a bench standing to the east from the tree. I want to buy dwarf variety, but not one or two years "baby" that will not give any shade. When I was saying "big", I meant 3-6 years old tree.

o

Hmm... I would check local nurseries during the growing season. My local nurseries don't carry trees that old. Maybe buying online or visiting a tree nursery would help. Keep searching searching briergardener:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here