Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Top worked peach tree results

Posted by mrclint z10SoCal Valley (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 12:39

The bark grafting method detailed in the DWN How To Graft A Fruit Tree video worked as advertised for me. The instructions were easy to follow and even with my untrained grafting skills the results were great. The graft unions are very strong. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this method as an easy entry point for anyone planning to top work their peach tree.

The grafts are almost completely healed in after 2 seasons:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Top worked peach tree results

Great photo, and good job! So, what did you top work? What was lopped off, and what was grafted?

Patty S.

o
RE: Top worked peach tree results

• Posted by mrclint z10SoCal Valley (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 15:29

Thanks Patty! It's the tree on the right in this post. I grafted 'August Pride' on top of 'Flordaking', which was grafted on top of unspecified vigorous roots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here