Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emorems0

anyone here familiar with cedarcide?

emorems0
10 years ago

I've used cedarcide for my house in years past, it's a natural insecticide and deterrent consisting primarily of natural cedar oil. Great for ticks, fleas, termites, mosquitoes and lots of other insects. I checked with the compay to see whether it would be effective on stink bugs since I know they are scent-driven and they said yes. I'm planning on getting the Best Yet for inside my house and for my dog, and also their outdoor stuff (PCO Choice) for the outside of my house, especially the south side where the stink bugs swarm and find entry.

Since I'll already have it, I'm looking into the possibility of spraying my three pear trees after petal fall with the PCO Choice to keep the stink bugs from ruining the baby pears like they did last year. I know it's not a typical use for it, but it is supposed to be harmless to humans and pets, doesn't affect water quality, and doesn't impact sight-driven insects like bees and other pollinators. Seems like it would be a great application for it. It is composed of 85% fractionated red Texas cedar oil and 15% ethyl lactate. Can the more experienced fruit growers here find any reason that it would be a bad idea?

Here's a link to the PCO Choice on the cedarcide website: http://www.cedarcide.com/product/pco-choice/

Comments (2)