Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunti_gw

Help wanted to buy plants and ship from houston, TX

bunti
10 years ago

I am looking for pomegrante and jujube plants. One of the nurseries in houston is having them. But they are not mail order nurseries.

Can someone from that area help me to ship the plants to me. I can pay you for the all expenses.

Thank you for your help.

Comments (11)

• nostalgicfarm
    10 years ago

A quick Google search shows that Willis orchards has several varieties of both the pomegranate and jujube trees. They ship, so maybe a good option for you?

• bunti
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am looking for pomegrante eversweet and jujube sugarcane. both of them are not available in willsorchards. I did google research. i have found cliftons place, but they are very expensive.

• nostalgicfarm
    10 years ago

I found them both at trees of antiquity ,but that jujube was about $40 :( Not sure how that compares, why do all these trees have to be so pricey!

• nostalgicfarm
    10 years ago

I found them both at trees of antiquity ,but that jujube was about $40 :( Not sure how that compares, why do all these trees have to be so pricey!

• Tony
    10 years ago

Le Cooke nursery has a nice Jujube selection. You can take a look there.

Tony

• bunti
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Le cooke looks like a wholesale nursery.

another problem is, i have got few plants from willisorchards. even though i have got good size plants, the plants are in dormant state and took an year to come out of it and grow. It has been 3 years i have got them, still no sign of fruit. they are now 6 foot. hoping that i will have fruit this year.

Thats why i want to have potted plants than bare root ones.
    If no one helps me, i will buy the bare root.

• milehighgirl
    10 years ago

I bought trees last year that came from LE Cooke and I was not happy with the quality. They were dehydrated and took most of the summer to get going, One never did.

If they are available from Trees of Antiquity then you can be assured they are worth the money. The trees I have gotten from there were some of the best I've ever seen.

I'm editing to say that you should buy from ToA soon as they always sell out of everything.

This post was edited by milehighgirl on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 23:48

• copingwithclay
    10 years ago

Some of us have more time than money, and if you will pay postage I could mail to you some Eversweet pom sticks to try to root. I could send some other varieties also. I do not know if you have actually eaten an Eversweet pom fruit before, but some growers think that this fruit is pretty unimpressive. I do not know the cold hardiness issues as pertaining to your area.

• Tony
    10 years ago

Bunti,

I bought a 3 gallon potted Li jujube from Edible Landscaping (eat-it.com) about 4 yrs ago. They sent it out in late may for my zone 5 in Omaha. The tree fully leafed out with 7 fruits on it.

Tony

• bunti
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tonytran,

i don't see eat-it.com has any sugarcane jujube.

Plant with fruit....!! Thats so nice you can taste it right away. It has been 3 years my jujube hasn't fruited. I have got good size plants from willisorchards. they came like a stick, with very very little root. first year there is no growth or leaves on the plant. next year, i see some growth.

Thank you very one for helping me to find a place to buy plants.

• bunti
    Original Author
    10 years ago

copingwithclay,

I have sent you an email. Please check your email.

Thank you very much for helping me.

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath