Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Louisiana fruit trees

Posted by mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 16:23

Hello
Can anyone give best varieties of apples, pears, plums to grow in NW Louisiana and best place to buy them. Thanks Pattie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Louisiana fruit trees

For apples you'll want disease-resistant; www.centuryfarmorchards.com and www.bighorsecreekfarm.com has suitable varieties for your location.

o

Bob wells nursery is in your area he has plants selected for your area . Location Lindale Texas north east Tx. I have some fruit growing experience in NE Tx. and NW Louisiana one thing you need to do mount up your soil the soil will load with water until mud for very long time this kill fruit trees.
http://bobwellsnursery.com/index.php/home/

Here is a link that might be useful: Nursery in your area

o

Visit Travis Callahan's gardening page, linked below.
He details a number of species & varieties he's grown for years in LA - and I'm sure would be glad to make recommendations if you email him.

Here is a link that might be useful: Callahan gardening page

o

• Posted by mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 23:34

applenut, gator_rider2,lucky_p
Thank yall for your responses. I'm reading over this info now so I can get several trees in this Spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here