Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help to Identify White Stuff on Peach Tree

Posted by agreenthumb tampa, fl (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 17:28

Hello all...I live in Tampa, FL and have a Tropic Snow Peach tree and have this white stuff on a branch. I don't know what it is but I don't think it is good because the leaves around it fall off. I would just like to know how to treat it.

I took a close up picture of the branch for everyone to see.

Thanks...Steve.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help to Identify White Stuff on Peach Tree

Here is another photo

o

And the last photo...

o

Possible fungus like peach powdery mildew.

Tony

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 19:43

I'd think it's more likely white peach scale. Dig around in that and see if there is some kind of critter under there that you can squish. I'd spray first with a heavy stream of water. Then treat with dormant oil, probably at least twice. If it is scale that bad it will kill the tree if not eradicated each winter.

I found link below. Follow their recommendations for control.

Here is a link that might be useful: White peach scale

o

Ok...now we are cooking with grease. So I am thinking of getting some Bonide 32 oz. All Seasons Oil Spray to see if that controls the outbreak. I guess the winter here in Tampa wasn't that cold to drop all the leaves and wonder if the tree is still in dormant stage?

But thanks for the quick replies and will update as time goes on!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here