Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for some Raspberries (Yellow & Red)

Posted by HappyBallz 9A FL (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 18:52

Hello,

I was too late to add to my existing order with RainTree Nursery and really don't want to pay crazy shipping charges for new order from different websites.

I would like to get all of the widely available yellow raspberries varieties if possible: Anne Yellow, Double Gold, Fall Gold, Honey Queen, Kiwi Gold, Cascade Gold etc.

For red I would like to try and find : Meeker, Polka, Rosanna

Dose anyone know where I could find all of these from the same place? (yeah I know- I am crazy) Or at least most of the yellow as they are my primary target.
I only need 1 plant of each...I noticed quiet a few places bundle these.

I would definitely consider paying for shipping if someone had these to offer as a cutting.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for some Raspberries (Yellow & Red)

Have you been to the Norse Farm website? They have great berries.

o

i think norse only sells in minimums of 5 plants. try berries unlimited, i think they sell individuals and have a good variety (although not sure if all that you are looking for).

o

you need to look into raspberries zone 9a want make any that looking at they all fail badly. The only raspberry plant fruit in zone 9 is Dorman Red. The heat cook all rest they are trailing.
If you going to plant in another location in High Country disregard.
The link below you read about Dorman Red.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dorman Red raspberry

o

Yeah I tried all of those and they did not have even majority of what I wanted even if I would purchase 5 or however many they ask.

@gator
I already have dorman, mysore, heritage and fall gold.

I know the gold/yellow varieties are usually not rated to be planted this far south but mine did ok so far; so worth a try even if they die.

Any of you guys have the originally stated varieties? I would like to get cuttings if possible.

Thanks!

o

What are best varieties for socal?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here