Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fireblight

Posted by iammarcus 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 19:11

Is anyone using Streptomycin to control fireblight? If so, where did you buy it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fireblight

This what looking for Agri-Mycin 17 Fungicide Trade name read label follow instruction its good for Cranker as well. I provide link for example where to find product there many others that have product.

Here is a link that might be useful: Agri-Mycin 17 Fungicide

o

Gator rider, great site, thanks,Mrs. G

o

That's enough for a sizable operation. I've seen much smaller quantities available on the shelves of the local feed/mill store. You may want to try to make a few calls locally.

o

Many places sell ferti-lome fireblight spray, e.g. Starks, etc. It comes in a small container good for a few trees for a few years.

Scott

o

Thanks, Scott. I think I may have had one of my first-year pears succumb to fireblight, my Aurora. Not positive, since it never really got going, but since this variety is rather susceptible, I'm going to spray ALL of my pears as well as my replacement Aurora, and see if I can get the Aurora going. I opted to try again, only because this variety has such a nice reputation for delicious fruit. Now, to make sure I time the spray just exactly perfectly.

Patty S.

o

ebay has 2 oz ferti-lome Streptomycin for about $18 including freight.

Benny

o

I'm fireblight phobic, because periodically pears seem to get hit around here, but we're in an arid climate and I've been able to nip any little outbreaks in the bud, as it were. First sign, and any outbreak is captured in a plastic bag, cut off, and dumped in the outgoing garbage. So far that has been sufficient. But that's from extremely limited experience. Just saying that pruning may well have its place in good fireblight management on small plantings.

Good luck,

M

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here