Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bing cherry trunk issue

Posted by rfair922 none (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 19:36

I have a 3 year old bing cherry tree but as you can see from the picture the trunk was damaged. Last year I noticed a lot of sap spewing from this portion of the tree. Once the sap was gone I was left with this. I am looking for a suggestion as to what to do with my tree. Is there anything I can do to heal it up or is it doomed? Thank you ahead of time for reading my post.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bing cherry trunk issue

Looks like you have a heathy tree,...with the unfortunate damage. Don't worry, let it be, in several years it will close up.

o

Thank you for the feedback. I will leave her alone to grow and heal

o

Yeah, I've got similar damage to one of my cherry trees. Its not quite that bad, but same general thing. Does not appear to have caused any real problem for the tree, so I'm not particularly worried about it.

o

What causes that kind of damage? Mrs. G

o

That type of damage could be caused by all kinds of things. I have seen that type of damage from insects, equipment, and from sunburn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here