Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Most Productive Grape Variety?

Posted by greenthumbzdude 6 PA (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 19:58

I am in the process of building an arbor and would like a grape that is very productive and disease resistant. I dont want to spray it with insecticide either. Anything available?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Most Productive Grape Variety?

Here in York County the only luck I've had getting grapes without spray is with Concord varieties. I get lots of grapes good for eating and spitting the seeds. Without spray, seedless grapes of all kinds are rotted by the end of July. I planted green seedless, red seedless and rarely ate more than a handful per year. The Concords are native, maybe that makes the difference.

One variety of wine grapes does make enough for me and the 100s of birds that eat them, Foch. They are tiny, flavorful and seedy, but make good eating while I'm working outside.

o
RE: Most Productive Grape Variety?

I have found Worden to be an excellent producer, it's very similar to concord, but ripens earlier and bears better for me

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here