Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ginger gold apple uk

Posted by hifly none (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 20:33

Hi,

Does anyone know of a supplier of ginger gold apple trees in the uk?

Cheers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ginger gold apple uk

Here's the result of my search- simply googled "ginger gold apple for sale, UK

Here is a link that might be useful: ginger gold for sale in UK

o

I don't see any UK sources on that list, Harvestman.

These people list pollinators for it but don't sell the trees. http://www.orangepippintrees.co.uk/apple-trees

You could contact Brogdale and see if they have any ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brogdale National Fruit Collections

o

Sorry, I have long thought this was a British company. When I saw the link to buy I thought I'd found it. If it's available to buy in England then there is a nursery there selling it and commercial growers producing it. That shouldn't be hard to determine with a short search- there must be only a handful of commercial nurseries supplying trees to the industry there. It costs money to bring a new variety to a country with protective restrictions.

o

The site actually has a data base to find if an apple is grown in various parts of the world and based on their info, Ginger Gold is not grown anywhere in the UK, so unless there is an experimental station that offers wood of this variety it is probably unavailable there.

o

thanks for confirming my own searches that it was not available in the uk.

Cheers

o

hifly - I still think it's worth contacting Brogdale. They will know if anyone is growing or intending to grow it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here