Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
triple Geneva trellis?

Posted by benfisher 3a (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 1, 14 at 22:27

Anyone out there use a three wire high cordon system for grapes? I have some salvage power line 8 foot cross arms, wire, braces and anchors for grape trellis. I did my own version of the Geneva double curtain....I call the triple curtain! I ran three wires four feet apart, with rows twelve feet apart. the wire to wire distance nets 4 feet, for a perfect canopy on four foot centers. the plants are planted in straight line, 5 feet apart, net 15 trellis feet of wire per plant. at six feet tall I can still drive an atv between rows. I read of dozens of trellis systems and had to invent my own...unless anyone has this set up ? All Geneva systems I read about called for four foot spacing...so why will this not work. this forum stuff is getting addicting...and I better figure out how the add pictures to help the details. thanks for your input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: triple Geneva trellis?

The more you can spread out the canopy the higher your potential yield. Capture more sunlight, get more fruit.

I love working with and pruning grapes because you can do things like this. And it's one fruit that is easy to keep the same size year after year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here