Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Persimmon Overview

Posted by tonytran 5A Omaha, NE (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 23:05

Informative persimmon overview by Dr Brun from Wasu.

Tony

Here is a link that might be useful: Persimmon Overview

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asian Persimmon Overview

• Posted by skyjs z8 OR, USA (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 12:05

Thanks Tony. Just to clarify, many on this list live in places where it's too cold for the Asian persimmon. THis excellent resource is not about the hardier American persimmon.
John S
PDX OR

o
RE: Persimmon Overview

I loved that link! We are in Southern California, and we enjoyed a wonderful crop from our Fuyu last autumn. I wish I would have known about that paper earlier. It's a keeper!

Thank you for posting it!

Suzi

o

Good info but I do dehydrate my Fuyu - sometimes there are just too many to eat. They do get tough when dried but I still like them that way.

o

" sometimes there are just too many to eat ".

Not if I was your neighbour and we were good
neighbours!

o

• Posted by murky z8f pnw Portlan (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 13, 14 at 13:53

That was fun to look at.

I recognize Jim Gilbert, the proprietor of One Green World, on slide 14 about Fuyu.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here