Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 0:13

Looks like nitrogen deficiency?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's wrong with my nectarine tree :(

More

o

Yes you need a 10-10-10 complete fertilizer one pint equals 1 pound granular fertilizer spread water into soil once a month for 3 months. Study pruning for next 3 months you going need it tree rebound in about month.
The link below shows all disorders a peach nectarine and plum all same.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peach leaf disorder

o

I had that too last summer. I could be the curl leaf.

o

• Posted by mrclint z10SoCal Valley (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 12:42

Hard to say for sure if there is anything wrong. At least not to the point of requiring any special action on your part. Check out the Backyard Fruit Tree Basics video on youtube. At 9:44 Tom Spellman talks about what to do if you think you have a problem.

In general, Dave Wilson Nursery recommends GRO-POWER FLOWER 'N' BLOOM 3-12-12 and mulching heavily. Most of the local nurseries here in So Cal carry Gro-Power products.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fruit Trees in Bloom 2013

o

Confirmed. It was nitrogen deficiency. Few handfuls of fertilizer later and they are growing again and deep green

o

I would like to know if you know why my nectarine tree did not bloom this year. I live in zone 5B.

o

Which pretty much shows why 3-12-12 is not a generally recommended ratio for fertilizing peaches. Can't understand why that would be recommended except on sites with 4 plants to a hole where a lack of P has been diagnosed in soil tests. Low N would be to discourage excessive vegetative growth.

Commercial growers here usually use a high N fertilizer for peaches with about equal K and no P. Blindly adding P may disrupt the nutrient balance by tying up other essential nutrients.

Because P often washes into waterways and causes environmental problems it has been removed from most home lawn fertilizers. Trees usually do fine without much of it in the soil because of mychorizal relationships.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here