Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Double Flowering Peach help

Posted by Kippy-the-Hippy 10 Sunset 24 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 1:26

Would anyone know of the varieties of white double flowering peaches that might grow or have been offered in SoCal in the 90's?

I am trying to ID a double white flowering peach. I am guessing my dad planted it in the 90s. He liked to get a good deal on unknown plants from a local nursery. I am thinking with the poor fruit quality, he might have picked up this one thinking it was a fruit tree and it was actually the ornamental type. It was planted fairly close to an ornamental plum and where he planted a mystery lime that was just rootstock. Dad was not the kind of guy that planted ornamentals in his orchard on purpose. On the other hand, if something sprouted he might have let it grow just to see what it was.

Any name ideas so I can try and figure out my tree mystery?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here