Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm worried about my pepper's growing conditions

Posted by TheCakePlant none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 3:37

So I've been growing 5 types of hot peppers, and some tomatoes. But I'm worried about the conditions. Look at the picture, that's the amount of steam i get minutes after I wipe off the top, which may be too much water. And I'm not sure how dark I should have them either. Lid or no lid. Also on one of the tomatoe sprouts I there is a tiny bit of hair like white/clear stuff on it. Is that fungus? I couldn't get a picture of it. But I'm just worried about the conditions. What should I do? Also I have a heating pad under it if that helps. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm worried about my pepper's growing conditions

They need bright, bright light. I would recommend turning he lid an inch to ventalate it as well.

o

As soon as you see sprout you have to provide bright lights immediately otherwise the seedlings will grow leggy and weak and later fall down.

o

• Posted by campv Arizona (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 19:47

I am doing the same thing you are and growing tomtoes and peppers. If the tomatoes are some what yellow thats a sign of to much water same with the peppers. If they are at least 1" high I think it is time to remove your lid and get some light on them. Some people may wait for the second leaf. But everyones conditions are different. I am using a florescent light on top of mine as close as I can get it about 8" closer is better. Its one of those like in a factory, round with a magnifing glass in it. I have got it clamped to an art table and it is on 2hrs off 1 24/7(timer) . If it is cold where you are you can leave the heating pad. My peppers are about 2" and have been un-covered for a least 2weeks. Same for the tomatoes. Hope this helps

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here