Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
randy31513

Spectracide Triazicide

Randy31513
12 years ago

I looked at the Spectracide Triazicide label and could not find fruit trees listed.

Is there another brand that is rated for fruit trees?

Comments (14)

• denninmi
    12 years ago

I just did a quick little research on their site. They have the labels online as a pdf file.

The concentrate in both "concentrate" and "ready to spray concentrate" (?Huh??? Confusing!) is labeled for fruit trees. The ready to use in a gallon size is not, but is labeled as safe for vegetables including salad greens. Go figure, huh.

They seem to be slightly different active ingredients. The concentrates are the "gamma" form, the ready to use gallon is the "lambda" form. I think that has something to do with isomers, but I don't remember enough chemistry to know.

Clear as mud, huh?

Now,

Here is a link that might be useful: 32 Oz. Concentrate Label

• matt_ohio
    12 years ago

keep looking, some places may not have the right stuff. Lowes and Home depot had it. Though concentration seems to be lower. I haven't looked this year. maybe its been discontinued.

• Randy31513
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You are right, it depends on which page you are looking at.

I emailed them for calcification.

• Randy31513
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here is the email I received from Spectricide.

"Thank you for contacting United Industries.

Triazicide cannot be used on fruit trees only some listed vegetables. We do have Spectracide Malithion that can be used on fruits as in Apricots, Cherries, Grapes, Peaches and Strawberries also Citrus fruits as in
    Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes, Oranges and Tangerines."

• johnthecook
    12 years ago

Spectracide triazicide (Once and Done) lawn and landscape. For fruit and nut trees. Says on and in the attached booklet.

• denninmi
    12 years ago

Gee, do the people at the company know what they're talking about. The labels which are clearly posted on their website list numerous types of fruit trees that two of their formulas ARE labeled for use on, along with a list of pests controlled and the application information about number of treatments and waiting periods.

Probably someone from a customer service center in India who doesn't know anything that isn't in the "script."

• olpea
    12 years ago

"They seem to be slightly different active ingredients. The concentrates are the "gamma" form, the ready to use gallon is the "lambda" form."

Your right Dennis. Apparently Spectracide is offering a different liquid formulation of their Triazicide.

Both formulations of the liquid Triazicide are watered-down versions of commercial Ag products. The gamma-cyhalothrin Triazicide listed for fruits is commercially known as Proaxis.

The lambda-cyhalothrin Triazicide (listed only for vegetables) is commercially known as Warrior.

Note that both Warrior and Proaxis are labeled for tree fruits.

My guess is Spectracide decided not to seek homeowner labeling for fruits of their new lambda-cyhalothrin Triazicide because they already have a Triazicide product (gamma-cyhalothrin) approved for fruits.

Labeling is expensive. Putting fruits on the label of the new product would just add cost and probably wouldn't increase their net sales.

• Rj1971
    11 years ago

So Triazicide is safe for fruit tree's? I just bought Triazicide from Home Depot a few days ago that says safe for fruit and nuts trees and was about to use it.

• franktank232
    11 years ago

I used it last year on apples, apricots and plums. No problems whatsoever. I actually need to spray tomorrow.

• blazeaglory
    11 years ago

Usw it all the time. I just peel the melanoma off my spray finger every once in a while and Im good.

It says right on the label. FRUIT TREES. This is the concentrate. Sometimes employees to any company do not know there product. Or for whatever reason they choose to answer in such a fashion.

I have been using the concentrate for a few years with no ill effect. 9Except the tumor on my finger) But my trees love it.

• Randy31513
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think if you email or call you get the California answer not the normal answer. That is my best guess.

• franktank232
    11 years ago

Gamma-Cyhalothrin is a more powerful version of Lambda-Cyhalothrin so only half of much is needed for the same effect.

• denninmi
    11 years ago

Well, hey, you know, we all have to die from something sooner or later.

All kidding aside, do you really think the fruit imported from Mexico or Chile is safer than what you can grow yourself? I don't, I'm sure Mexico especially is far less restrictive on what chemicals they can use and far more lax on enforcement. And, we all know the USDA tests a tiny percentage of the incoming product for illegal pesticides.

Better the devil you know, IMHO.

• HU-249479476
    2 years ago

It does kill grasshoppers and white-flies I just spotted big grasshoppers ( black body with a yellow stripe ) when I was spraying weed and feed . Lowe's web site said OK to spray trees and vegetables.label lists grasshoppers. Last year I was gone for 3 days and came home to naked tomato plants (5) all leaves gone, the few fruits that were there were fine. I am still confused by the varied contradicting info out there though. Good luck everyone...