Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sweetcrisp blueberry dropping it's flower buds

Posted by Chelsea_2016 7b (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 11:11

Does someone know why my sweetcrisp blueberry plant is dropping it's flower buds?? It was doing so well!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sweetcrisp blueberry dropping it's flower buds

Congratulates, your Sweetcrisp flower is pollinated and the baby berry is growing :).

o

Hmm, that'd be great, but I thought the buds were supposed to open up first. They've grown to this stage, haven't ever opened up into a flower, and now some are starting to brown and fall off.

o

So I have never grown blueberry plants before, lol. I should probably not pull anymore off now. Where's an embarrased-face emoticon when you need one...

o

Chelsea,

That is as open as they get:)

o

I kept waiting for those lantern-like flowers to open, too. Then I noticed some young green blueberries!

o

Yay!! I'm so happy now. I think this is the only blueberry plant I have that will bear fruit this year. The others are too young. Well, I do have 3 from Finch Blueberry Farm that are supposed to be 3 years old but don't look it to me...a topic for another post coming soon :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here