Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olympia_gardener

Blue Berry leave turn white

olympia_gardener
12 years ago

Someone may have already posted the problem and get answers before because this is a common problem of growing the blue berry bushes. If there is answer somewhere, please point me to the link.

I bought a dozen blue berry bushes last year. I planted 10 in the ground and have two left in the container, very large container. In the summer one of the blue berry bush's leaves started to go pale, and the new grow is in neon pink! I went on-line and google it. I learned that this might be soil PH too high, not acidic enough. So I put some chemical I bought in the store to lower the soill PH. But the problem persisted, I put some more chemical, evern more, still, by the end of last fall, the leaves were still pale yellow/white. The bush is still alive now, and the leaves are about to grow. I try to find a cure so its leaves will look healthy again.

My question is should I continue to add more chemical to lower soil PH or I have some other problem, not soil PH issue? It seems to me, I had put quite a lot of chemical in the container to lower the soil PH. Will too low of soil PH cause blue berry leaves turn white as well??

Comments (6)