Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plum tree spray

Posted by hudydog 5-6 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 19, 09 at 11:24

I bought bonide fruit tree spray but plum trees are not included on the instructions. What should I use to spray a plum tree ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plum tree spray

Hi Hudydog-
This probably won't answer your question, but I did just post about Bonide fruit tree spray here.

To answer your questions, the guru's here will need to know where you live, and which disease and pests are you trying to fight?

-Glenn

o

hudy, I think it is the malathion in the spray, it is not labeled for plums. The sevin and captan are labeled for plums so you can spray those individually. I expect malathion is also usually OK but there must be some case where it causes problems that caused the company to pull the labeling. As Glenn mentions, there are many other better things to spray which have been discussed here recently.

Scott

o

I live in the cincinnati area. Can you give me some info on the other things I could use thanks Tim

o

Hi Tim-
What are the problems that you are having that you need to spray for? I'm sure a few of the experts could guess at that, but it would be better if you told us. -Glenn

o

just trying to prevent disease and bad bugs thats all

o

just an fyi- i didnt realize that bonide wasnt appropriate for use on plum trees and I sprayed it on my plum tree and the next day the folliage on the plum tree looked like it had sustained moderately bad chemical burn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here