Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peach leaf curl protection

Posted by MrsG47 7 RI (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 12:39

I have my copper mixed with a sticker, and my dormant oil ready to go for my peaches as well. Should I spray the copper first then the dormant oil? Thanks Mrs. G

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peach leaf curl protection

They can mix.

o

Do you need a sticker with copper for peach leaf curl?

A single application should kill overwintering fungus without the need for residual (so long as not rained off right away).

The excerpt below suggest nooks and crannies are most important. Does anyone use a wetting agent (or are these in stickers anyway)?

I found the link useful, since the dangerous time is bud SWELL during COLD weather, which can be quite early in the new year.

Is fall a better time since drier and not freezing for a Cu+oil mix?

===== Excerpt:
The incidence of infection is greatest when rains wash the overwintered spores into the bud and cool temperatures lengthen the time that the emerging leaves are exposed to the pathogen, before they are fully expanded and can resist penetration by the fungus. When temperatures following bud swell are warm and early leaf development is rapid, infections rarely become established, even when spring rains occur.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peach Leaf Curl -West Virginia U.

o

I sprayed the first application. Then snow and rain. Looks like I'll have to do it again. thanks all, Mrs. G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here