Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orion619

Fruit Tree Spraying questions

orion619
12 years ago

Hi all....first off, I am overwhelmed by all the information on this site. Forgive me if the answers to my questions are on other posts but I'm on the road all week and only have the weekends to do EVERYTHING. I'm sure some of you know what I mean.

I have 13 newly planted fruit trees and 7 trees that I planted last fall. Peach, apple, asian, pear, fig, paw paw, plum, cherry. All but the apple have budded and being a real newbie growing fruit trees I am amazed at all the growth I've see so far as most of the trees have only been in the ground 2 weeks now. Upon inspection of all the trees I've noticed very small caterpillar like insects on the leaves and the tree itself. Not sure exactly what they are but after looking up what these might be I came up with leafrollers in their larve stage. I really have no idea, just a guess. In my vegetable garden I use Monterey Insect spray (active ingredient, Spinosad) and was wondering if I could use the same. It kills all leaf eating insects without harming the good ones.

Also, after a quick search on this site about spraying I noticed there is a whole host of spraying that should be done to prevent pests and diseases. Can anyone help me with a spraying regiment that I should adhere to for my young, newly planted trees and the best sites to obtain them?

Thank you for all your help!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!